I don’t think there is any person in this entire world who doesn’t love to have gardens. A lot of people have them in their home and many people don’t own it. The people who cannot afford a garden is just because they are expensive. First you have to buy land and then grow a garden in it. It can be expensive.
Since indoor gardening arrived in the market, it fulfilled many people dreams of having a garden in their home. Although it is expensive but not as expensive as an outdoor garden is. You can have an indoor garden and it is only several steps away from you.
First you have to select what type of garden you want. There are two styles of indoor gardens:
- Container Gardening
- Hydroponic or Aquaponic gardening
Container Gardening is just like as it sounds. You just have to use traditional gardening soil and simple methods to grow your plants.
Hydroponic is a special type of indoor garden in which fertilized water is used with a non soil starter for the plants. Both these methods are valuable in their own way.
- Container gardening is beneficial for those who like to move their plans indoor or outdoor. In container Gardening you can grow any type of plant you want.
- Hydroponic gardening is for those people who want to grow a lot of plants in a small area.
CHOOSING RIGHT SPACE
Indoor garden will be more successful if you select a space which has windows and is exposed to sunlight. Because plants need sunlight to grow faster and they become very healthy if they are exposed to proper sunlight.
Properly controlled environment is necessary for a successful indoor garden. Properly controlled environment means that you should provide required temperature and heat to the plants. You can provide perfect conditions to the plants and it is very simple. There are several steps for doing that.
- You can try heat mats. Heat mats are installed under the soil which keeps the temperature of the soil perfect better growth of plants. You can set the temperature manually.
- You can also try the drip system. It contains a alarm which sets the water on and off for a specific time every day. It supplies water regularly.
- If your plants are not exposed to sunlight you can set up an artificial light system for proper growth of the plants. It is very effective.
CHOOSE ANY KIND OF PLANT
You can grow any kind of plant you want inside your home or apartment and not only plants also vegetables. Plants include barriers, herbs and flowers etc. But you have to determine which plants will work in your garden depending on the environment you provide.
Vegetables includes tomatoes, carrots, beans etc.
You can select any kind of container you want for growing plants. They can also can also be grown in a plastic bottle, it is very simple. You just have to make sure that the containers contain holes in the bottom for proper drainage system.
Two types of containers are recommended.
- Plastic Containers
- Terra Cotta Pots
They are very useful because plastic contains moisture for a longer period of time which is very beneficial for better growth of plants.
TERRA COTTA POTS
Using these is the most attractive option because they look pretty and people love using them.
LED GROW LIGHTS
You can provide perfect atmosphere to the plants. You can buy the heat mats or automatic water supplying system but none of that will matter if you don’t provide sunlight to the plants. But,providing proper sunlight to indoor garden is not easy. That is where LED grow lights come into play.
Plants need a specific wavelength to grow proper and strong. This wavelength is provided by the sunlight. Led grow light does the same. It provides a special type of wavelength to the plants through which they grow faster and healthier.
These lights are helpful in many ways.
- It lowers the cost compared to an ordinary bulb which costs more than Led light.
- The life of these lights is 12 to 18 years so you can use them for many years.
- They are very light in weight.
- They are just warm when touched even after many hours.
- They pose minimum threats to the environment.
They come in three different colors. Blue, red and combination of blue and red. Each color is used for different reasons depending on the type of plant you want to grow.
- Blue is used for young seeds and vegetables
- Red is used for leafs.
- Combination of Red and Blue is used for mid cycle plants.
These lights are the best option to grow plants inside. Even in very cold nights they keep the plants heated up and help them grow in any condition. They are also known as intelligent lights. You just have to install these lights above the plants so that proper light is provided to them.
You can also try LED grow lamps. Which can be used for single or multiple plants. If you don’t have many plants and you just have two to three plants, you can use Best LED grow lights for providing proper light to the plants. Other lights are noisy like HID but LED grow lights and lamps are not noisy.
If you want a perfect indoor garden and a better look of your home, do try these steps!